Monday, January 2, 2012

Experience

I've thought a lot about what experience means these days. Every job I apply for, there's this component of experience that they want. It's usually too high for what I have, which is a little over a year's experience. The truth is, I think I am capable of doing any job I'm placed in, experience or not.

But maybe more importantly, I've learned via experience that it is something you find as you go along and it needs to be turned into good things. I've had some pretty high highs the last two years- I had good friends, just graduated with my Master's, etc. I also have had some pretty big lows, such as my surgery and burning all those bridges with my friends.

But now that the new year is here, and I am on the cusp of knowing some big things, I wonder how things will change. I plan on doing more socially because I've been a hermit too long. I plan on finding an awesome chick because I haven't tried very hard.

Maybe most importantly, my experience has taught me I should value the things I have and take care to preserve them. I think I have learned that the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment